Alex WINS Search for a Champion! Signs multi-year contract!

These forums are for automotive and related discussions not classified in sections below.
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Re: Alex WINS Search for a Champion! Signs multi-year contra

Post by jhwalker » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:30 am

Brakelate wrote:Ooo. Good point. I was actually headed back in here to delete the thread, as I initially got no takers. But, I couldn't and at least you seemed to get the joke, so it is now here to stay.

Where the hell is Walker anyway?????

I didn't even get a threatening phone call, email or nothing! Boo!

jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Post by jhwalker » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:58 am

jhwalker wrote:
Brakelate wrote:Ooo. Good point. I was actually headed back in here to delete the thread, as I initially got no takers. But, I couldn't and at least you seemed to get the joke, so it is now here to stay.

Where the hell is Walker anyway?????

I didn't even get a threatening phone call, email or nothing! Boo!
Typically over-extending myself... :doh:

We have a Cobra get together thing in San Marcos Texas at the end of the month and the Superformance Replica group is sponsoring a margarita bash and I am prepping to pour between 500 and 750 "delicious" margaritas. A good blanco, Cointreau, a little good mix. I had to find a liquor store that would collect all of that and support and give a good volume discount, while basically distrusting me calling from Central Mexico. And trying to coordinate getting the SPF to San Marcos looking good (thus the search for a detailer) and after running a spreadsheet on costs and risks, deciding the SPF's first good road trip should not be 1800 miles of a crappy interstate under time pressure to get there and start processing the 39 1.75 liters of 'grita makings to prep for the party. So I got a transporter to deliver the car there for less than I was going to spend to fly back to SoCal and drive it over there.

#2117 will not return to California, I fear. Next stop for #2117 after the San Marcos fun and games for 4 days will be to a friend's "man cave" near San Marcos where it will wait for me to return and drive to Laredo to meet the car hauler who will get it down to San Miguel de Allende (hidden away from prying border eyes...). It has taken a good while to get the approvals for it to be here legally.

And I have two significant projects going on at the casa, sucking up time, energy and $$$ that I am pushing on before I leave March 25 for San Marcos.

I had a friend break his collarbone in multiple places and generally screw up the rest of his body in a motorcycle wreck in cobblestones last week and have been trying to help him out on some stuff since he is in pain, has a business, etc, and that means I am coming into town from the boonies (roundtrip about an hour, all in) multiple times a day ----- so dammit I have not had time to log on.

Plus it takes 15 seconds each day for VOTE For Alex!!! :-D

Brakelate
Third Gear

Post by Brakelate » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 am

jhwalker wrote:
Plus it takes 15 seconds each day for VOTE For Alex!!!
:dance:

Woe, that is A LOT going on. And to think that I now get all irritable and bitchy when I have to run to the store every couple weeks to stock up on Mt Dew and actually put real shoes on!

I have deteriorated into such a lump of lazy, soft mush. There are moments that I think I wouldn't wish this on anyone, then there are moments I think I am right where I want to be. :violin: I think I really needed a more gradual transition from Full Speed ahead, All the stuff, all the time, to flat ZERO. It has really screwed with my noodle. It is not good to always wish you were somewhere else, doing more, doing less, I guess I need to find focus. And that can only come from within. So, still floating on a philosophical barge on the ocean. Plenty of supplies, people and interaction. Just no power and thus no direction. I can merely sit with my feet dangling over the side, trying to enjoy the sunsets, waiting for some outside force to give me motion. I guess I could drop a paddle in the water. But, I am confident the currents are too strong to fight as it is. Might as well wait for that big gust of wind. But, running a "powerboat" lifestyle right up to this point, it is hellish to sit and wait and creep in a direction influenced by anything but my own doing.

I made a career of not being a patient person. So, reducing the speed of life to a snails pace is really tough. But, I have no complaints. :lol:

jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Post by jhwalker » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:00 am

Brakelate wrote:
jhwalker wrote:
Plus it takes 15 seconds each day for VOTE For Alex!!!
:dance:

Woe, that is A LOT going on. And to think that I now get all irritable and bitchy when I have to run to the store every couple weeks to stock up on Mt Dew and actually put real shoes on!

I have deteriorated into such a lump of lazy, soft mush. There are moments that I think I wouldn't wish this on anyone, then there are moments I think I am right where I want to be. :violin: I think I really needed a more gradual transition from Full Speed ahead, All the stuff, all the time, to flat ZERO. It has really screwed with my noodle. It is not good to always wish you were somewhere else, doing more, doing less, I guess I need to find focus. And that can only come from within. So, still floating on a philosophical barge on the ocean. Plenty of supplies, people and interaction. Just no power and thus no direction. I can merely sit with my feet dangling over the side, trying to enjoy the sunsets, waiting for some outside force to give me motion. I guess I could drop a paddle in the water. But, I am confident the currents are too strong to fight as it is. Might as well wait for that big gust of wind. But, running a "powerboat" lifestyle right up to this point, it is hellish to sit and wait and creep in a direction influenced by anything but my own doing.

I made a career of not being a patient person. So, reducing the speed of life to a snails pace is really tough. But, I have no complaints. :lol:
Ride a bike down here to visit. I see bike travelers going thru town all of the time. Couple of (?)panniers -- smiles on their faces...

:whistle:

fire818
Noob

Post by fire818 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:30 pm

I was thinking wtf no way I was so out of it that I typed in the casadewalker website then nothing happened so I kept reading and I realized that it was a joke I get so impatient that I never read everything or the fine print.I think I might have a.d.d :dance:

jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Post by jhwalker » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:27 pm

fire818 wrote:I was thinking wtf no way I was so out of it that I typed in the casadewalker website then nothing happened so I kept reading and I realized that it was a joke I get so impatient that I never read everything or the fine print.I think I might have a.d.d :dance:
Use it to your advantage, it worked for me :-D

03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

Post by 03_SONIC_BLUR » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:41 pm

I never had add. When I lost focus, I got a boot in the ass to get me back on track

jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Post by jhwalker » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:05 pm

03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:I never had add. When I lost focus, I got a boot in the ass to get me back on track
With add it would getting back on one of the tracks. :-D

Brakelate
Third Gear

Post by Brakelate » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Well, being a smart ass and starting this thread got Karma to about kick me in the ass.

Went out today for a little cruise, and got down in a little bowl of a valley and got spun around. OK, a little confused as to how I got in there and where the trail was to get out. It was all Talcum Powder blown in stuff and I had been being lazy by not "Airing Down" prior to heading into a known soft spot. I immediately sunk up to my pumpkins with the little back-n-forth that I could get going. By the time I realized I was rapidly getting in deep doo-doo it was almost too late. I ran the Winch line out to the only thing close enough to even think of helping me out; A small dried up dead tree stump, only about 5" in diameter and 18" tall. It, too was just in a soft mound with very little root base, if any. So, I really Aired Down, kicked it in 4Lo-Lo and Locked up the Diff's.

Much to my amazement, that little stump held hard enough to drag me up and over -high centered and all- just enough up the slope, and back on the surface of the "crust". It was pulling so hard, even in gear with light throttle to assist, that it almost stalled out my 12.5K Lbs rated Winch!!! But it held.

I was able to unhook, bump back up in 4Hi and then, with momentum, now aired down, pull back and then make a dash out of the pocket of doom. Whew!

Damn Lucky. Incredibly tough tree, and an even tougher truck! If I was in my Half Ton 4x4, I would still be there building a signal fire!

Anywoooo. Fun afternoon! :mrgreen:
Attachments
0316141628.jpg
0316141629.jpg

jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Post by jhwalker » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Brakelate wrote:Well, being a smart ass and starting this thread got Karma to about kick me in the ass.

Went out today for a little cruise, and got down in a little bowl of a valley and got spun around. OK, a little confused as to how I got in there and where the trail was to get out. It was all Talcum Powder blown in stuff and I had been being lazy by not "Airing Down" prior to heading into a known soft spot. I immediately sunk up to my pumpkins with the little back-n-forth that I could get going. By the time I realized I was rapidly getting in deep doo-doo it was almost too late. I ran the Winch line out to the only thing close enough to even think of helping me out; A small dried up dead tree stump, only about 5" in diameter and 18" tall. It, too was just in a soft mound with very little root base, if any. So, I really Aired Down, kicked it in 4Lo-Lo and Locked up the Diff's.

Much to my amazement, that little stump held hard enough to drag me up and over -high centered and all- just enough up the slope, and back on the surface of the "crust". It was pulling so hard, even in gear with light throttle to assist, that it almost stalled out my 12.5K Lbs rated Winch!!! But it held.

I was able to unhook, bump back up in 4Hi and then, with momentum, now aired down, pull back and then make a dash out of the pocket of doom. Whew!

Damn Lucky. Incredibly tough tree, and an even tougher truck! If I was in my Half Ton 4x4, I would still be there building a signal fire!

Anywoooo. Fun afternoon! :mrgreen:
Sounds like a great afternoon... :-D

Return to “General Automotive Discussions”